Our Vision PRO engraving software allows you to easily nest into the minimum area on your material, to avoid wasted material. Nesting may also be used to rearrange shapes across a non-rectangular area, such as leftover engraving material.
The nesting command can be found in the ARRANGE menu.
To nest the individual letters of a sentence, use the TEXT TO GRAPHICS command first. Otherwise, the entire sentence will be arranged to fit your engraving material, instead of the individual letters.
- Specify Corners: Choose the corner that you would like the nesting to begin. The objects will begin in that corner, and extend across the plate
- Directions: The direction that shapes will be arranged across the engraving material
- Rotation: Allow rotation of shapes by the specified angle. For example: if you specify 20 degrees, the shape will be rotated in increments of 20 degrees to find the optimum placement on your engraving area.
- Nesting Border: the minimum distance away from the edge of your engraving area
- Clearance Between Objects: The minimum distance between shapes
- Error Factor of Clearance: A value used to adjust nesting based on the average shape sizes
- Allow Mirrored Parts: Select this option to allow shaped to be flipped horizontally or vertically during the nesting process
- Keep Groups Intact: If this option is off, grouped shapes will be separated when arranged onto the engraving area