Creating a Shadow Effect with Vision Pro
When burnishing or diamond dragging, numerous shadowing effects can be achieved by following these simple steps:
- Create text using a non-engraving or outline font. (These are hollow letters that can be filled, for example. This effect can also be applied to the Vision-Pro Shapes Tool when creating rectangles, stars, arrows and other polygons.)
- With the text selected – From the ARRANGE drop down menu, select TEXT TO GRAPHICS.
- With the graphic selected – From the TRANSFORM drop down menu, select SHADOW.
- In the Shadow Smart Bar, select a shadow style
- On the selected graphic, click the small circle/nub and drag it any direction until the desired effect is reached.
- From the ARRANGE drop down menu, select MAKE PATH.
- From the ENGRAVE drop down menu, select CREATE TOOL PATH, and then FILL.
- Select the appropriate Tool.
- The FILL STYLE provides many options to choose from. Experiment to see which style provides the desired effect.
- In the S-Sweep, Line Sweep and Sweep Tool Down options, the FILL ANGLE can be adjusted to increase the effect. Choose a 10-20% overlap. Simply experiment with the options until the desired effect is achieved.
- Click OK.